Who am I?

Wilmington, NC, United States
I am a reporter with WECT in Wilmington, NC. My views are not affiliated with Raycom Media or WECT/Fox Wilmington.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

And then it disappears...

Just like that 30 min after someone from 1D posts, all the "FOLLOW ME" tweets disappear. Everyone now is holding their breath hitting refresh. Mesmerizing to me.

I guess we can call this down time. When I was growing up (I'm 25 so it was too long ago lol), there was no Twitter, no Youtube, the Internet was on DIAL UP (rmr those days?), trying to get the BAckstreet Boys or N'SYNC to notice you was not going to happen. Girls just dreamed (including me) to be lucky enough to be called up onto stage during a contest. Now Social Media has made it so easy to connect us to celebrities. It's a shocker and incredible at the same time.

I hope this journey of mine will put Social Media into perspective and perhaps capture it in one year...we'll see ;)

xoxo ;)

Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment